Friday, August 09, 2013

Purchase Your 'Bracelets for Breast Cancer'



I haven't made many blog posts in the last month. A close friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. She has underwent a double mastectomy and the pathology report was not positive. Chemo and radiation treatments will begin to control cancer cells that have migrated to the underarm lymph nodes.


My friend is a young, otherwise healthy 42 year old mom. She has a daughter who is eight. I can't begin to imagine the fear and anger she is feeling (and not necessarily expressing), or the courage she will need to fight this disease. However, one thing I know for certain. My friend is a fighter. Her last text message to me read, "I'm not going anywhere!"

The bracelet shown was made by my assistant, Jenni. They are made from recycled aluminum pop can tops threaded with your choice of satin ribbon.


GoPlanetEarth is selling these bracelets as part of a fundraiser for Breast Cancer Awareness. We are donating 40% of the profits to breast cancer research in the name of my friend (who wishes to remain anonymous).

Bracelets measures 6, 6.5, 7 and 7.5 inches in length.

Cost per bracelet:

$8.25 (6" and 6.5") includes first class USPS shipping



$9.00 (7" and 7.5") includes first class USPS shipping




Select from the following ribbon colors:

Dark pink, light pink, yellow, blue, green, red and purple

Jenni also makes neck chokers and headbands using the pop can tops. Please email her for pricing and reference this post.


2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Wow, I love this. What a fantastic idea and a great way to help!

Denise said...

Cancer is such an ugly word. My daddy died from it and we all have friends and family dealing the 'C' word. These bracelets are such a small token in the fight against cancer, but we felt the need to do something. Thanks, Anne-Marie