Monday, February 04, 2013

Dr. Suess Party Cones




Football is not my gig. So while the Super Bowl was airing, I was making party cones. My three grand kids have birthday parties at NeeNee's house. If you ask them why, they reply, "Because you always plan fun stuff."

My daughter believes I have set a precedence and willingly resigns the party planning (though she would do an awesome job) to Mom. I'm guessing it has something to do with 'deep pockets'.

The theme for my grandson's 5th birthday is Dr. Seuss. Since the grand kids have birthdays within one or two weeks of each other, early planning is essential. Joint birthday parties are never an option (in their minds!)

Popcorn, cotton candy, assorted candies will fill the colorful cones. Here's a FREE template of the two cones. Save and print onto white card stock. Cut-out cones using the guidelines. Shape cone starting at point (point is a bit tricky). Staple the cone together at the top edge using two staples.



Remember, these are disposable items; don't labor over them. If they aren't perfect, who cares! Fill them with goodies and the kids will love them.

This is just one of the many things I've planned for this themed birthday. My son-in-law is a carpenter and will construct a life-size wooden silhouette of Cat in the Hat. I'll glue cardboard cut-outs to the silhouette and place prop next to the food table.

It will look something like this:

The best part of planning the Seuss party is it will complement the Carnival Birthday Party for my nine-year old grandson. The red, blue and white theme I'm using for table covers/skirting and decorations is easily converted into a carnival theme.

I've plenty of Seuss party games in the works, so be sure to check my blog for updates. I am stellar at party planning, especially when it's for my little peeps.

No comments: