Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gifting from the Heart




This holiday I am committed to making as many gifts as possible. I'm making soaps for the grand kids teachers (which I will be sharing after Thanksgiving), complied photo books for a number of family members and just completed these framed poems.


I lost my Daddy a few years ago to cancer. The poem is a remembrance of how much he is missed by family and friends. You'll need to read the gift card to understand the purpose of the sunglasses.

The poem is printed on a background picture of my Daddy and his siblings in their youthful years. I'm gifting to my Daddy's three siblings.

The crazed holiday season is here and it's easy to get snagged into the madness of  racing from one store to the next in a buying frenzy.


 For me, gifting from the heart is making something with a particular person in mind. 



In past years, I've made monogrammed stationery sets, assembled coupon books for the grand kids to give to mommy, gifted fortune cookie soaps, filled concrete leaf soap or garden dishes with goodies... there are so many ways to give without spending a fortune.

Here are 10 ideas to get you started:
  • Friendship or Mexican Bean soup in a jar mix (there are plenty to find if you do a Google search)
  • Homemade granola
  • Zucchini Refrigerator Pickles (I'll be posting on BlimpyGirl.com later today)
  • Year-long Memory Jar- I did this for my mom after my Daddy passed away. I purchased a large glass jar with lid at the dollar store. I printed out 365 things for my mom to remember about my dad. She read one each day.
  • Kid's Craft Basket- fill with craft goodies for those rainy days.
  • Stay-at home movie gift basket in a popcorn tub
  • Jar of simmering potpourri (make your own, or contact me for a recipe)
  • Fabric covered boxes filled with gourmet coffee and teas
Please feel free to share your own Gifting from the Heart holiday ideas!

No comments: