Monday, December 05, 2011

Under $6 Holiday Centerpiece


Yesterday our family celebrated my Mom’s 81st birthday. Because her birthday is close to Christmas, I wanted a festive table setting without spending a great deal of time (or money) on it.

I grabbed one of my shorter flower vases and filled with clear glass pebbles. I did some snip-snip of pine branches in my yard and as a last minute thought clipped a few branches from a Japanese Maple. The void in the vase was filled with miscellaneous holiday ornaments and candy canes. A splash of water and I had a pretty awesome centerpiece in less than 10 minutes. It should last a week or so and when the pine needles start to drop, they will be discarded and freshly cut pine branches will replace them.

Don't dismiss holiday centerpieces as a means to showcase your soaps and toiletry products this season. Using a centerpiece, pine branches, holiday ribbons as a backdrop to your photos helps market product in an up-scale manner. Online customers rely on photos to determine if your product is something they want to purchase. This is especially true with finished bath and body products.

This centerpiece was inexpensive and items used were things I had on hand.

No comments: