Monday, June 06, 2011

Corrugated Paper Soap Dishes...Gonna Give it A Try

I am always looking for ways to reuse things. Not sure how this will all pan out, but, I have a plan for using this corrugated wrap from some dinnerware that arrived today. I'm thinking about soap dishes for the smaller squares and bowl shapes. For the larger squares (at the bottom of the stack) I want to help my grand kids make charger plates. Here is the concept....

I ordered some mod podge which won't be here until next week :((, but once it arrives I want to paint the corrugated wrap in fun colors. Once dried, I plan to spray with an acrylic fixative to seal the paint. Once sealed, I'll do a couple layers of mod podge. It will somewaht primitive looking, but that's OK by me. I am sooooo open to suggestions and ideas before I give this project a try. Please share.


I am also thinking that these bowl type wraps would make wonderful pots for the grand kids to plant flower seeds. Once the mod podge is dried, I could drill a hole in the bottom of the bowl shape (for water drainage). A little dirt....a few seeds... and new life is birthed. I'll have to get back to you on this idea as I wait for the delivery of the mod podge AND I have a very busy couple of weeks. Heading to Florida for an extended weekend with the grand kids at Disney (weekend of June 18) and this weekend hosting a wedding appetizer party for my nephew.

In the meantime, if you have any ideas about this forthcoming project, I would love to hear from you.


No comments: