Saturday, January 01, 2011

My $2.00 New Years Eve Manicure


On New Year's Eve morning my granddaughter, Miss O, gave me a very special manicure. She wanted my nails to look nice for our dinner party later that evening. She carefully picked out, not just one, but 5 different nail polish colors. Her exact words:

"NeeNee, I'm going to do each nail a different color. I think everyone will really like that, don't you?"



As you can see, she did just that. Each nail was painted a different shade of pink (cuz that's her favorite color). Miss O even had a special tool (which was really a cuticle tool) to remove any excess polish from around the edges of the nail. And, rest assured, there was plenty. For a 4-year old she did a pretty good job. There was gobs of polish in the center of the nail... yes, in the center of nail. She couldn't quite master spreading the polish across the entire nail bed...but she's working on it.



Considering the cost of a manicure, I think my $2 manicure was a bargain. However, if Miss O is to make a living at this she must remember to never ask "What's that?" (she was referencing the knuckle area of my hand. I simply replied, "It's wrinkles, that's what happens when you get old." To which she replied, "Oh, that's too bad." Sadly, she missed out on a tip ;)

3 comments:

daisydilly (vicki) said...

Looks beautiful! Wait til she wants to apply your make up!!

Denny1600 said...

I LOVE your manicurist. I think she did a great job! I'm sure all the others at the dinner were very impressed.

What a special time. Thanks for sharing.

Denise said...

Yes, I'm sure make-up is the next step. She received a lighted make-up case from Santa this year filled with all the goodies. And yes, my dinner guests were very impressed, though no one signed up for a future manicure ;)