Monday, March 29, 2010

An Early Easter Weekend

Wow, what a whirlwind week this has been! The Easter Bunny arrived early because the grandkids are off to Tennessee for Easter Break. Between the dollar store, Pier 1, Kohl's,~~~I was exhausted, overwhelmed and running on empty. Throw a hectic work week into the mix, a Friday night dinner date with my man, hiding 150 eggs (in below 30 temps), putting together a new bike for the youngest grandson, AND assembling 3 Easter baskets.... need I say more!!!!!!! Yes, a confirmed nut case and I claim ownership to my insanity.

Obviously, this hasn't left much time for soaping projects or anything else soaping related (except a morning shower). This week, soaping took a backseat to my grandkids. I care about all my customers, but if I died tomorrow, it's my grandkids, not my customers, who will remember me for this past week. Sorry guys, but it's the truth!

Here are a few photos of the fun the grandkids had when hunting for eggs and opening Easter baskets. It made all the blood, sweat, and tears worth the red-eye. I hope each of you take time to enjoy Easter and spend time with family.

My little bud on his new bike. He took a nap with his helmet on and made us park the bike inside the house while he slept.

The infamous Miss O counting up her eggs and assessing the cash & candy she could claim.

My best buddy, Carson. He found a pair of "really fast" shoes hanging from a tree. How did that Easter Bunny know he needed "really fast" shoes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kids look like they had a blast! And so right you are...family should come first! You are making wonderful memories for your grandchildren. Priceless.
Dana