Saturday, November 29, 2008

Preparing for Annual Holiday Soap Night


I can't believe that Christmas is only 25 days away. I've been busy preparing for Christmas PLUS organizing my Annual Holiday Girl's Night Out soaping event. As you can see (above), we've already started putting together the kits for "Soap Night".

This year we are making vanilla spice soy-based candles in recycleable tins, soapsicles in two different scents (for the grandkids), a luscious body butter, and a monster-be-gone spray (for all those monsters lurking under-the-bed at grandma's house).

Scented Soy Candles... environmentally safe, of course!

I'm excited about this year's packaging. I ordered "all natural" labels for the products and we're using the all-natural Kraft gift boxes from GoPlanetEarth (for the candle project). Natural raffia ribbon is being used to showcase the boxes (see below).


Between getting ready for "Soap Night" and decorating my house for the holidays, I'm wrapping Christmas gifts. It's hard to believe there was a time when I really enjoyed wrapping; now, I'd be willing to pay someone else to do it. Thankfully, my Mom has offered a hand. Since my Dad's death in September, she is looking for tasks to help fill her day. She's been a God-send and I appreciate her help. When you run a business or work outside the home, time is a premium commodity. Any extra help you can get is valued.


I sure hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. GoPlanetEarth will resume normal business hours on Monday, December 1st.

No comments: