Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Who are you and what have you done with my wife?


This was the question my husband recently asked when he noticed I was wearing a toe ring. I had been to the salon earlier for a pedicure and was talking to the staff about purchasing a toe ring. I felt a bit apprehensive about wearing a toe ring and they quickly reassured me that plenty of middle-aged women are wearing toe rings and to "go for it". My nail tech recommended a local establishment for the purchase and here you have it. I bought three. A dragonfly (pictured), a plain silver ring, and a faceted flower.

My husband wasn't quite sure what had happened to his wife as it's not something I would normally even consider purchasing, much less wearing. He was actually quite delighted. And no, you won't find me wearing a belly button ring!! At my age, you have to draw the line somewhere and that's DEFINITELY the line for me. I'll leave navel piercing to the younger generation.

No comments: