Sunday, July 13, 2008

Skin Nurturing Sushi Soap Roll

Sushi Soap Roll
My husband is vegan and a big fan of sushi. Recently, he brought home sushi from our favorite Asian deli. Hmmmm.... I started thinking about how I could make sushi soap. The above photo shows the end result.

I used ground Adzuki beans (found in Asian food stores/health food stores), ground oats, and sea salt as exfoliants. Soy protein powder was also added to the mix along with Ginger Lime fragrance oil. I rolled the soap in Nori seaweed which is found in most Asian food stores or the ethnic section of grocery stores.

These soaps display nicely in the clear acetate soap boxes sold at GoPlanetEarth.com. You can shrink wrap the finished soaps or heat seal inside one of our new Eco Bags (bio-degradable cellulose bags that are Earth-friendly!). Position the finished soaps atop a bed of green paper shred or use with Bento grass.


View Instructional:

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I just found your blog, it's so great! I had to do a post about the cute sandwiches you made, I hope you don't mind, I linked back to you. :0) Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing. I invented nigiri style sushi soap where I hand marble the fish slabs on top of molded "rice" soap pieces. I would love to try and make your sushi soap.

Unknown said...

I loveeee this! thanks for posting, love the recipe and the music as well, where is it from? :0)